Order Legal Publications
Easy Ways to Obtain Legal Publications
1. Online Ordering – Please note online orders can be paid with credit card, ACH check, or inter-departmental transfers (for state agencies). Click here to begin the online order process.
2. Mail – Please note payment by check is required. Click here to view and print the order form.
3. Walk-in – Same day service is available at the Capitol Gift Shop on the ground floor of the Iowa Capitol Building. The Capitol Gift Shop is open from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday and 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Saturday. The office is closed on state holidays. At the Gift Shop you can purchase legal publications and pay the required fee by cash, credit card, check, or money order.
4. Publication Cycles and Pricing - A legal publication is produced and delivered according to a publication cycle of either one or two years. The printed and electronic editions or versions of the Iowa Acts, Iowa Court Rules, and Iowa Law Infobase are published for sale each year. The printed edition of the Iowa Code is published for sale during each even-numbered year for delivery at the beginning of the odd-numbered year. The printed edition of the Iowa Official Register or “Redbook” is published for sale each odd-numbered year. Prior to the production and delivery of a new legal publication, its prior “archived” edition or version is available for sale at a reduced price while supplies last. The reduced price takes effect on the day it is posted on this Internet site which is generally during the first week of July. On that day, the price is reduced according to the following schedule:
5. Should you have any questions, please call our customer service team at 515.281.6506. Please note that a processing fee of $15 is charged for refunds.